Belgium smart parcel locker market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 20.5% during the forecast period of 2023-2028.
The growth of the e-commerce industry is one of the key drivers of the smart parcel locker market in Belgium. The increasing adoption of online shopping has led to a rise in the number of parcels being delivered to homes and businesses. Smart parcel lockers offer a convenient and secure way for consumers to receive their online orders.
In addition, smart parcel lockers are increasingly being adopted by businesses and consumers in Belgium. Businesses are using smart lockers to improve their delivery efficiency and reduce costs. Consumers are using smart lockers to receive their online orders at a time and place that is convenient for them.
Rising government support through supportive regulations to fuel the market growth
The Belgian government is also promoting the use of smart lockers. The government believes that smart lockers can help to reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality. Moreover, smart parcel lockers provide package delivery services in the comfort of one’s home (when the lockers are installed in the latter’s residential area) and it also decreases the probability of diseases like COVID-19 to spread.
However, only about 1% of the total parcel and express volume is being delivered in a locker in Belgium. This is the same percentage as three years earlier. But parcel and express volume has grown over those years (2018-2021) by 75%. which means that although the preference towards lockers hasn’t really altered, the number of parcels being delivered in a locker has increased strongly and will continue its growth trajectory in the forthcoming years.
The ratio of delivery at the address, manned postal point, and parcel locker in Belgium, 2022
Key takeaways in Belgium smart parcel locker market growth
The smart parcel locker market in Belgium has experienced tremendous expansion. This can be ascribed to a number of things, including government programs and customer preferences.
The development of new technologies, such as facial recognition and mobile payments, is expected to create new opportunities for the smart parcel locker market. These technologies can be used to improve the security and convenience of smart parcel lockers.
Moreover, increasing the usage of smart parcel lockers is an incredible way, to minimize vehicle movements in a city. In the near future, RationalStat expects that not only Bpost and Budbee (the two leading companies in Belgium) will increase their number of locations, but the market is expecting the penetration of new companies and start-ups in the forthcoming years.
Market Structure and Competitive Landscape
The Belgium smart parcel locker market is fragmented in nature with the presence of various players operating in the market. Some of the prominent players operating in the smart parcel locker market include Cubee, Lowe & Fletcher, Inc., Decatel, Quadient SA, GANTNER, Bpost, Kern Limited, SwipBox, Metra, Vendii Lockers, Dongcheng Electronic, and Cainiao among others.
These players are majorly regional players and maintain a healthy competitive environment. Following are some of the expansions of the smart parcel locker market:
- In March 2023, Cleverbox launched its new smart parcel locker system, the Cleverbox Hub. The Cleverbox Hub is a modular system that can be customized to meet the needs of businesses and consumers.
- In April 2023, InPost launched its new smart parcel locker system, the InPost CityBox. The InPost CityBox is a freestanding locker system that can be placed in a variety of locations, including public spaces, businesses, and residential buildings.
- In January 2023, Cleverbox acquired the Belgian smart parcel locker company, PackInBox. The acquisition will allow Cleverbox to expand its market share in Belgium.
- In February 2023, InPost acquired the Belgian smart parcel locker company, Bpost Lockers. The acquisition will allow InPost to expand its network of smart parcel lockers in Belgium.
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the Belgium smart parcel locker market based on type, component, technology type, application, and deployment.
- By Type
- Modular Parcel Lockers
- Cooling Lockers
- Postal Lockers
- Asset Lockers
- Retail Lockers
- Community Lockers
- Distribution Lockers
- Laundry Lockers
- Others (Self-Service Parcel Locker)
- By Component
- By Technology Type
- By Application
- Government Agencies
- (Post Offices, etc.)
- Colleges and Universities
- Offices & Workspaces
- Personal Storage
- Device Management
- Parcel & Document Delivery
- Corporate Mailroom
- Logistics & Warehousing
- Device management
- Personal storage
- Parcel & document delivery
- Public Enterprises and Commercial Buildings
- Others (Residential, etc.)
- By Deployment
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecasts, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs, and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid database including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, and Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for manufacturers, raw material suppliers, third-party distributors, construction industry players, government organizations, research institutes, educational organizations, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption patterns, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Belgium smart parcel locker market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of approximately 3.7% during the forecast period 2023-2028.
Increasing adoption of smart parcel lockers in public places driving market growth.
Leading Companies operating in the Belgium smart parcel locker market include Cubee, Lowe & Fletcher, Inc., Decatel, Quadient SA, GANTNER, Bpost, Kern Limited, SwipBox, Metra, Vendii Lockers, Dongcheng Electronic, and Cainiao among others.