The global air purifiers market is expected to witness a significant growth rate of over 6.5% during the forecast period 2022-2028. Increasing health concerns, rising consumer spending on lifestyle products, and depleting air quality across the globe are the major factors expected to drive the air purifiers market during forecast the period.
Increasing pollution is also anticipated to aid the air cleaning unit market in the coming years. Moreover, growing concerns regarding the harmful effects of air pollution in various regions globally have increased awareness about the benefits of air cleaning units for clean indoor air.
Air cleaning units are increasingly being recommended to patients suffering from lung-related diseases. Increasing CO2 emissions from industries as well as from vehicles are leading to the risk of respiratory diseases, consequently propelling the air purifier market globally.
Demand for HEPA filter air purifiers is significantly increasing
HEPA filter air purifiers segment is anticipated to gain substantial growth during the forecast period. HEPA filters are highly efficient in trapping airborne particles, including dust, smoke, pollen, and bio-contaminants. HEPA filters’ superior performance and dependability in removing airborne particles will probably help them gain traction in the global market.
Small bits of carbon in the form of powdered blocks or granules that have been properly treated with oxygen to open the pores of the carbon atoms make up activated carbon or activated charcoal filters. As a result, the carbon becomes more porous and has a larger surface area, which improves its capacity to capture airborne particles. With the help of these filters, odors and gases from cooking, mold, chemicals, pets, and smoke can be absorbed.
Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow considerably on the back of increasing smog and air pollution concerns in the region
Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness strong growth in the global air purifiers market due to rapid urbanization and industrialization. In addition, increasing smog and air pollution concerns, especially in countries such as India and China, coupled with the increasing disposable income are expected to increase the adoption of air purifiers. Rising awareness regarding health hazards and diseases caused due to exposure to harmful particulates at workplaces or homes is anticipated to further drive the demand for air purifiers in the region.
In North America, the demand for air purifiers is positively affected by the surging number of industries and manufacturing units in the US and Canada. The level of air pollution is increasing at a significant pace across the region, thereby leading to a rise in the number of respiratory diseases. Consequently, the US air purifier market is expected to observe significant growth over the coming years. Also, the Europe air purifier market will keep growing significantly as a result of rising urbanization, urban air pollution, and harmful emissions from industrial vehicles.
Market Structure and Competition Landscape
The global air purifier market is fragmented in nature with the presence of various players operating in the market. Some of the prominent players operating in the global market are Honeywell International, Inc., IQAir, LG Electronics Inc., Aerus LLC, Unilever PLC, Daikin Industries, Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Whirlpool Corporation, Hamilton Beach Brands Inc., The Camfil Group, Dyson Ltd., and Xiaomi Corporation.
Companies are focusing on manufacturing smart air purifiers owing to the rising demand for smart air purifiers among various end use verticals. Market leaders are focusing on the integration of advanced technologies in the existing air purifier model to invent a new product that is further expected to boost global market growth. For instance, Dyson has recently launched an air purifier headphone equipped with advanced technologies.
Moreover, companies are also concentrating on offering room air purifiers that remove smoke as well as dust pollutants. These players adopt various strategies including product launches, mergers and acquisitions, and partnerships and collaborations which directly result in propelling the growth of the global air purifiers market.
- In December 2022, Dyson Ltd. – one of the prominent air purifier manufacturers, announced the launch of air-purifying headphones, namely Dyson Zone. The device is equipped with a set of noise-canceling headphones with a detachable visor for filtering out air pollutants.
- In October 2022, AeroClean Technologies and Molekule announced their merger for establishing an Industry-Leading Provider of Premium, FDA-Cleared Air Purification Products, and Solutions.
- In December 2021, Wipro Lighting entered into a strategic partnership with Aura Air. Wipro Lighting entered into the air quality management sector and expand its business.
- In November 2021, iRobot announced the acquisition of air purification company Aeris Cleantec AG. The acquisition supports iRobot’s vision of building the world’s most thoughtful robotics and developing intelligent home innovations that make life better.
RationalStat has segmented the global air purifiers market on the basis of type, technology, coverage area, distribution channel, end user, and region.
- By Type
- By Technology
- HEPA Filter
- Activated Carbon Filter
- Electrostatic Filter
- TiO2 Filter
- Ionic Filter
- Ultraviolet Technology
- Others (Ozone, etc.)
- By Coverage Area
- Less than 250 Sq. Ft.
- 251-500 Sq. Ft.
- 501-700 Sq. Ft.
- More than 700 Sq. Ft.
- By Distribution Channel
- Company Owned Website
- E-commerce Website
- Brand Outlets
- Specialty Stores
- Supermarkets / Hypermarkets
- Others (Retail Stores, etc.)
- By End User
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecasts, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs, and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid database including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for air purifiers manufacturers and suppliers, third-party distributors, dealers, exporters & importers, government organizations, educational organizations, the healthcare sector, regulatory agencies, end user industry, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption patterns, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The global air purifiers market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 6.5% during the forecast period 2022-2028.
The global air purifiers market is estimated at around US$ 11.0 billion in 2021.
Air purifier headphones is the latest trend in the global market.
Asia Pacific is dominating the global air purifiers market in 2021.
Demand for air purifiers is primarily driven by depleting air quality across the globe coupled with rising health concerns are the key driver of the global air purifiers market.
Major companies operating in the global air purifiers market include Honeywell International, Inc., IQAir, LG Electronics Inc., Aerus LLC, Unilever PLC, Daikin Industries, Ltd, Dyson Ltd. etc.