The global aircraft lighting market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 8% during the forecast period of 2023-2028 and was valued at around US$ 690 million in 2022.
Compared to conventional lighting technologies, LED lighting systems used in aircraft are significantly more energy-efficient, which results in decreased fuel consumption and cheaper operating costs for airlines. Because LED lights use less energy, produce less heat, and last longer, airplane operators can save money. The market adoption of energy-efficient aircraft lighting systems is driven by the emphasis on fuel efficiency and operational cost reduction.
Growing Air Passenger Traffic is Expected to Drive Aircraft Lighting Market Growth
One of the main market drivers is the retrofitting and modernization of airplane lighting systems. In order to comply with laws, increase safety, and improve the passenger experience, several airlines and aircraft operators are retrofitting their current fleets with contemporary lighting solutions. This includes integrating cutting-edge lighting control systems or replacing outdated lighting systems with LED lighting.
The market for aircraft lighting is significantly influenced by the increase in international air passenger traffic. Lighting solutions are required in new aircraft deliveries and retrofitting projects due to the growing fleet size of commercial aircraft and the rising demand for air travel. The growth of the global aircraft lighting market is also aided by the expansion of airline fleets and the emergence of low-cost carriers in developing regions.
North America Significantly Drives Global Aircraft Lighting Market Growth
The aviation lighting market is heavily dominated by the North American region, primarily the United States. The existence of significant aircraft manufacturers, improvements in aviation technology, and the desire for energy-efficient lighting solutions are some of the drivers that are fueling the region’s growth. The aircraft lighting market in this region is expanding as a result of the increased attention being paid to passenger comfort and safety as well as regulatory compliance.
Market Structure and Competitive Landscape
The global aircraft lighting market is fragmented in nature with the presence of various players operating in the market.
Some of the prominent players operating in the aircraft lighting market include Astronics Corporation, Cobham plc, Aveo Engineering Group s.r.o, Diehl Stiftung & Co KG, Oxley Group, Safran, Soderberg Manufacturing Company, STG Aerospace Limited, Luminator Technology Group, Cobham plc, Bruce Aerospace among others.
These players are majorly regional players and maintain a healthy competitive environment. Following are some of the expansions of the aircraft lighting market:
- In February 2022: Boeing extended its contract with Diehl Aerospace, a division of Diehl Aviation, for the supply of the interior lighting system for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner. In 2005, the first agreement for developing and mass manufacturing LED interior lighting for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner was inked.
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the global aircraft lighting market based on aircraft type, lighting type, point of sale, and region.
- By Aircraft Type
- Commercial Aircraft
- Military Aircraft
- Regional Jet
- Business Jets and General Aircraft
- Commercial Helicopter
- Military Helicopter
- By Lighting Type
- Interior Lights
- Signage Lights
- Ceiling & Wall Lights
- Floor Path Lighting
- Reading Light
- Lavatory Lights
- Exterior Lights
- Emergency Lights
- Navigation Lights
- Interior Lights
- By Point of Sale
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
To customize reports as per your needs, speak to our analyst
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecasts, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs, and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid databases including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, and Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for manufacturers, raw material suppliers, third-party distributors, construction industry players, government organizations, research institutes, educational organizations, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption patterns, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The global aircraft lighting market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of approximately 8% during the forecast period 2023-2028.
The global aircraft lighting market is estimated at US$ 690 million in 2022.
Growing air passenger traffic is expected to drive aircraft lighting market growth.
North America holds the major share of the global aircraft lighting market.
Leading Companies operating in the global aircraft lighting market include Astronics Corporation, Cobham plc, Aveo Engineering Group s.r.o, Diehl Stiftung & Co KG, Oxley Group, Safran, Soderberg Manufacturing Company, STG Aerospace Limited, Luminator Technology Group, Cobham plc, Bruce Aerospace, etc.