The global fire sprinkler system market reached US$ 11.2 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow at a considerable CAGR of 6.3% during the forecast period of 2019-2028. A fire sprinkler system is an active fire protection method, consisting of a water supply system, providing adequate pressure and flow rate to a water distribution piping system, onto which fire sprinklers are connected. The fire sprinkler system both notifies the occupants of a fire and it suppresses the fire. It adds more value than its alternative which is smoke detectors.
In over one hundred years of use, there has never been a fatality of building occupants from fire in a building with a properly designed, installed, and maintained sprinkler system is used. Automatic sprinklers respond to even a small fire, preventing the fire from developing into a major threat. Among all other fire protection systems, fire sprinklers have a 99% record of successful extinguishment or control. Moreover, this system saves a lot of water required for extinguishment. The total amount of water used in sprinkled buildings is approximately one-tenth the amount used for fires in nonsprinklered buildings.
Fire sprinkler systems help in reducing the total cost of construction
Fire sprinklers can often reduce the total cost of construction in buildings. Typically, sprinkler systems can be installed for about 1% of the building cost, or less than $2 per square foot. If the decision to install sprinklers is made early enough in the planning process, sprinklers can actually reduce total construction costs through the use of code incentives or “trade-ups”. For instance, insurance rates are substantially less for sprinkled facilities. These incentives make it possible to build a safer building for less money.
These regulations, standards, and codes are imposed by different regulatory bodies. The growing standard has impelled organizations to install fire protection systems, and drive the growth of the fire sprinkler market.
Moreover, the increase in construction and industrial areas will increase the demand for fire protection systems. These factors are expected to boost the growth of the fire sprinkler market over the forecast period.
Fire sprinkler systems face some issues like leaks and microbiologically influenced corrosion
Under the segmentation of fire sprinklers, types of fire sprinklers include wet pipe systems, dry pipe systems, pre-action systems, deluge systems, water-mist systems, standpipe systems, and clean agent systems. The wet pipe systems should be inspected monthly to ensure that they are in good condition and that normal water supply pressure is being maintained, whereas dry, pre-action, and deluge systems should be inspected weekly to ensure that normal air and water pressures are being maintained.
The global fire sprinkler system market is a rapidly growing industry that is driven by increasing concerns regarding fire safety and the growing demand for advanced fire protection systems. The market is expected to continue to grow at a steady pace in the coming years.
North America dominates the fire sprinkler system market
North America holds a significant share in the fire sprinkler market and is expected to remain dominant in the forecast period. The key drivers augmenting the growth of this industry are increase in demand for smart houses and buildings with innovative appliances. Moreover, there is strong presence of fire protection system companies in North America who are actively involved in spreading awareness about safety issues.
The Asia Pacific region have shown steady market growth, but is expected to show robust growth in the coming years in the fire sprinkler market due to rising urbanization and awareness in developing countries like India, China and Japan. Latin America and the Middle East regions will also witness moderate growth in the fire sprinkler systems market owing to rise in awareness regarding safety from fire emergencies.
Market Structure and Competitive Landscape
The global fire sprinkler system market is fragmented in nature with the presence of various players and small startups in the market. Big players have also started offering products in this line. Some of the key players operating in the global market includes Johnson Controls International, Eaton Corporation plc, Robert Bosch GmbH, Agni Devices Pvt. Ltd, Honeywell International Inc, Tokyo Hochiki Co., Ltd., Kauffman Co. etc.
Such prominent players adopt various strategies to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market. Mergers and acquisitions, product launches, partnerships, and collaborations are some of the strategies followed by prominent industry players. Some of the key developments in the global fire sprinkler system market include,
- In January 2023, Honeywell announced that it is expanding its strategic alliance with Nexceris, developer of Li-ion Tamer lithium-ion gas detection solutions, to help make electric vehicles (EVs) safer.
- Honeywell and Nexceris will offer advanced automotive sensing technology to help prevent conditions leading to thermal runaway in EV batteries, a phenomenon that causes extremely high temperatures within the battery cell and can result in a fire.
- In January 2023, Johnson Controls India (JCI), in collaboration with their UK operations, has been the implementation and maintenance partner for the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment and system for INS Vikrant, India’s first indigenously designed and built aircraft carrier.
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the global fire sprinkler system market on the basis of product, service, application, and region.
- By Product
- Wet pipe Sprinkler Systems
- Dry pipe Sprinkler Systems
- Pre-action Sprinkler Systems
- Deluge Sprinkler Systems
- Water-mist Systems
- Standpipe System
- Clean agent System
- By Response time
- Standard (RTI: 50 or less)
- Quick (RTI: 80 or more)
- By Hazard
- Light Hazard (16-20ft) (areas with low concentrations of flammable materials)
- Ordinary Hazard(12-20ft) (areas with moderate concentrations of flammable materials)
- Extra Hazard(14-15 ft) (areas with a high concentration of flammable materials)
- By Technology
- CMSA: Control-mode special application sprinkler
- ESFR: Early-suppression fast response sprinklers
- CMDA: control-mode density area sprinklers
- In-rack fire sprinklers
- By Application
- Government and Institutional
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecasts, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs, and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid databases including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, and Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for fire sprinkler system manufacturers, dealers, government organizations, educational organizations, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption patterns, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The global fire sprinkler system market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 6.3% during the forecast period 2022-2028.
The global fire sprinkler system market is expected at US$ 11.2 billion in 2022.
Smart homes with demand for innovative safety appliances are a key trend in the global fire sprinkler system market.
North America is the leading region in the global fire sprinkler system market.
Some of the key players operating in the global market include Johnson Controls International, Eaton Corporation plc, Robert Bosch GmbH, Agni Devices Pvt. Ltd, Honeywell International Inc, Tokyo Hochiki Co., Ltd., Kauffman Co. among others.