The global hernia repair device market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8% during the forecast period of 2022-2028. Hernia is a medical condition in which an internal organ protrudes through the abdominal muscles or tissue, and hernia repair is a surgical procedure to correct this condition.
The growth of the global hernia repair device market is driven by several factors, including the increasing prevalence of hernias among the aging population, advancements in surgical techniques and materials, and the increasing adoption of minimally invasive procedures. In addition, the rising demand for hernia repair procedures in emerging economies and the increasing awareness of hernia and its treatment options are also contributing to the growth of the market.
However, the report identifies several challenges facing the global hernia repair device market, including the high cost of hernia repair procedures, the risk of complications associated with surgery, and the increasing availability of non-surgical treatment options.
Key Segmental and Regional Analysis
Based on product type, the RationalStat report identifies mesh as the largest segment of the global hernia repair device market, accounting for the majority of the market share. This is due to the high effectiveness of mesh in reducing the risk of hernia recurrence compared to other products.
Regionally, the report identifies North America as the largest market for hernia repair devices, driven by the high prevalence of hernias in the region and the high adoption of advanced surgical techniques and materials. The report also highlights the growing adoption of hernia repair procedures in emerging economies in Asia-Pacific and Latin America, where the healthcare infrastructure is rapidly improving.
Market Structure and Competitive Landscape
Some of the prominent players that contribute significantly to the global hernia repair device market growth include Medtronic, Johnson & Johnson, B. Braun Melsungen AG, C.R. Bard, Inc., W.L. Gore & Associates, Inc., Cook Medical, Inc., Atrium Medical Corporation, Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc., LifeCell Corporation, and Boston Scientific Corporation, among others.
These players adopt various strategies in order to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market. Partnerships and collaborations, and product launches are some of the strategies followed by industry players.
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the global hernia repair device market based on product, procedure type, surgery type and region.
- Global Hernia Repair Device Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units/tons), and Market Share (2023-2028) Analysis by Product
- Hernia Mesh
- Synthetic Mesh
- Biological Mesh
- Hernia Fixation devices
- Tack Applicators
- Glue Applicators
- Global Hernia Repair Device Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units/tons), and Market Share (2023-2028) Analysis by Procedure Type
- Laparoscopic Procedure
- Open/Conventional Procedure
- Global Hernia Repair Device Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units/tons), and Market Share (2023-2028) Analysis by Surgery Type
- Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Incisional/Ventral Hernia Repair
- Umbilical Hernia Repair
- Femoral Hernia Repair
- Global Hernia Repair Device Market Value (US$ Million), Volume (‘000 units/tons), and Market Share (2023-2028) Analysis by Region
- North America Hernia Repair Device Market
- Latin America Hernia Repair Device Market
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe Hernia Repair Device Market
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe Hernia Repair Device Market
- Other CIS Countries
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific Hernia Repair Device Market
- South Korea
- Rest of ASEAN
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa Hernia Repair Device Market
- Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- United Arab Emirates (UAE)
- Rest of the GCC
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America Hernia Repair Device Market
- Leading Companies and Market Players
- Johnson & Johnson
- Braun Melsungen AG
- R. Bard, Inc.
- L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
- Cook Medical, Inc.
- Atrium Medical Corporation
- Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc.
- LifeCell Corporation
- Boston Scientific Corporation
To customize reports as per your needs, speak to our analyst
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecasts, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs, and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid databases including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, and Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for healthcare providers, medical device manufacturers, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption patterns, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.