The global human microbiome market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 18% during the forecast period of 2023-2030 and is estimated at US$ 650 million in 2023.
The enormous and varied community of microbes living in different areas of the human body is called the human microbiome. Included in this group of microbes includes bacteria, viruses, fungi, and archaea. Every person has a different microbiome, which is essential for maintaining health and affecting a variety of physiological functions.
The significance of the human microbiome in preserving health and its part in a number of disorders is becoming better known to the general public. Because of this awareness, there is a growing market for treatments and goods based on the microbiome.
Advancements in Sequencing Technology Driving the Global Human Microbiome Market
Sequencing technology development has been a key factor in the global human microbiome market. High-throughput DNA sequencing methods have been developed and improved, greatly advancing our knowledge of the structure and operation of the human microbiome.
With the use of next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies, scientists may analyze many samples at once and quickly produce enormous amounts of sequencing data. This enhanced throughput has sped up microbiome research by enabling the investigation of numerous microbial communities from various body sites and large-scale population studies.
North America Significantly Drives the Global Human Microbiome Market Growth
North America now dominates the market for the human microbiome because of the increased prevalence of autoimmune illnesses and lifestyle-related diseases in these areas. A robust therapeutic pipeline may also be credited for the very profitable expansion.
The region’s escalating disease burden is contributing to the market’s expansion. For instance, the American Cancer Society predicts there will be around 1,918,030 new cancer cases in the US in 2022. Additionally, the Globocan 2020 numbers show that there are currently 274,364 new cases of cancer, with an anticipated 400,564 instances by 2040. As a result, the rising incidence of cancer is anticipated to fuel human microbiome market expansion since gut microbiota regulates tumor therapy by improving patients’ receptivity to immunotherapy and minimizing the negative effects of chemotherapeutic drugs.
Market Structure and Competitive Landscape
These players adopt various strategies in order to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the global human microbiome market. Mergers & acquisitions, partnerships and collaborations, and product launches are some of the strategies followed by industry players. Some of the key developments in the global human microbiome market include,
- In September 2022, Seres Therapeutics Inc completed the submission process for its BLA application to the FDA for SER-109 to prevent recurrent C. difficile infection (rCDI). It is an entirely new treatment modality that promises to improve the current standard of care for rCDI.
- In September 2022, Ferring Pharmaceuticals received a positive vote for RBX2660 by the vaccines and related Biological Products Advisory Committee of the FDA for its investigational microbiota-based live biotherapeutic study for its potential to reduce the recurrence of C. difficile infection after antibiotic treatment.
The global human microbiome market is fragmented in nature with the presence of various players operating in the market. Some of the prominent players operating in the human microbiome market include Seres Therapeutics Inc, Enterome, 4D pharma plc, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc, OptiBiotix Health Plc, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Synlogic Inc, Second Genome Inc, Vedanta Biosciences Inc, YSOPIA Bioscience, Finch Therapeutics Group Inc, Atlas Biomed, Metabiomics, Sun Genomics, and Gnubiotics Sciences, among others.
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the global human microbiome market based on type, product, disease type, application, and region.
- By Product
- By Type
- Bacterial Consortia Transplantation (BCT)/Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT)
- Live Biotherapeutic Products
- By Disease Type
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- By Application
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
To customize reports as per your needs, speak to our analyst
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecasts, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs, and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid database including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, and Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for manufacturers, raw material suppliers, third-party distributors, construction industry players, government organizations, research institutes, educational organizations, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption patterns, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The global human microbiome market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of approximately 18% during the forecast period 2023-2030.
The global human microbiome market is estimated at US$ 650 million in 2023.
Advancements in sequencing technology driving the global human microbiome market.
North America holds the major share of the global human microbiome market.
Leading Companies operating in the global human microbiome market include Seres Therapeutics Inc, Enterome, 4D pharma plc, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc, OptiBiotix Health Plc, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, Synlogic Inc, Second Genome Inc, Vedanta Biosciences Inc, YSOPIA Bioscience, Finch Therapeutics Group Inc, Atlas Biomed, Metabiomics, Sun Genomics, Gnubiotics Sciences, etc.