The global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market is expected to grow at a considerable CAGR of around 4.5% during the forecast period and was valued at around US$ 3.1 billion in 2022.
One of the key drivers of the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market is the growing demand for water treatment chemicals, especially in developing countries. The increasing industrialization and urbanization in these regions have led to the growth of the water treatment industry, thereby increasing the demand for industrial anti-scaling chemicals.
Additionally, the increasing demand for oil and gas and the growing petrochemical industry are expected to drive the demand for these chemicals. The global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market is also driven by factors such as the increasing demand for these chemicals in various industries such as water treatment, oil and gas, petrochemical, and others. Industrial anti-scaling chemicals are used to prevent the formation of scale deposits in pipelines, boilers, and other equipment.
However, the high cost of anti-scaling chemicals and the increasing demand for eco-friendly alternatives are some of the factors that may restrain the growth of the market. The increasing focus on environmental sustainability has led to the development of bio-based anti-scaling chemicals, which are expected to gain traction in the coming years.
The Scale inhibitors segment is dominating the market owing to the increasing demand for scale inhibitors from various end-user industries
The scale inhibitors segment is expected to dominate the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market due to the increasing demand for scale inhibitors from various end-user industries, such as power generation, water treatment, food & beverage, and oil & gas. Scale inhibitors are used to prevent the formation of scale deposits in industrial systems, which can cause damage to equipment and reduce efficiency.
The scale inhibitors segment is further segmented into inorganic scale inhibitors and organic scale inhibitors. The inorganic scale inhibitors segment is the largest segment of the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market, followed by the organic scale inhibitors segment. However, the other two product segments, biocides and corrosion inhibitors, are also growing at a considerable rate in the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market.
Asia Pacific is one of the prominent regions of the global anti-scaling chemicals market
The Asia-Pacific region is experiencing rapid industrialization and urbanization, leading to increased demand for water treatment and cooling solutions. Growing industries, such as chemical manufacturing, mining, and power generation, have significantly contributed to the demand for anti-scaling chemicals in countries like China, India, Japan, and South Korea.
North America is the second major market for industrial anti-scaling chemicals. The growth of the industrial anti-scaling chemicals market in North America is due to the increasing demand from the power generation, water treatment, and oil & gas industries.
Europe’s well-developed industrial sector, including manufacturing and power generation, has bolstered the need for scale prevention solutions. Additionally, the emphasis on sustainable water treatment practices has fueled the adoption of anti-scaling chemicals. In the Middle East and Africa, the industrial anti-scaling chemicals market is expected to grow at a significant rate due to the increasing demand from the oil & gas and power generation industries.
Market Structure and Competition Landscape
The global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market is fragmented in nature with the presence of various players operating in the market. Some of the prominent players that contribute significantly to the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market include AkzoNobel N.V., BASF SE, Ecolab Inc., General Electric Company, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Kemira Oyj, Nalco Holding Company LLC, Solvay S.A., Clariant AG, The Dow Chemical Company, Ashland Global Holdings Inc., Kurita Water Industries Ltd, Suez Environnement S.A., Veolia Environnement SA, Illinois Tool Works Inc., Avista Technologies Inc., Trisep Technologies Inc., ProMinent GmbH, ChemTreat Inc., and Atech International Inc. among others.
These players adopt various strategies in order to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market. The increasing focus on environmental sustainability is expected to drive the demand for eco-friendly alternatives, which is expected to create new opportunities for market players in the future.
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market based on product type, end-user, and region.
- By Product Type
- Scale inhibitors
- Organic Scale Inhibitors
- Inorganic Scale Inhibitors
- Corrosion inhibitors
- By End User
- Power Generation
- Water Treatment
- Food & Beverage
- Oil & Gas
- Chemical Processing
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecasts, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs, and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid databases including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, and Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for government organizations, market educational organizations, healthcare industry players, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption patterns, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.
Key Questions Answered in the Industrial Anti-Scaling Chemicals Mix Report:
- What will be the market value of the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market by 2028?
- What is the market size of the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market?
- What are the market drivers of the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market?
- What are the key trends in the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market?
- Which is the leading region in the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market?
- What are the major companies operating in the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market?
- What are the market shares by key segments in the global industrial anti-scaling chemicals market?