According to the latest RationalStat study, the global industrial water treatment equipment market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 7-8% from 2022 to 2028.
Industrial water treatment equipment refers to a variety of systems and technologies used to treat and purify water for industrial processes. Some common types of equipment used for industrial water treatment include filtration systems, reverse osmosis systems, ion exchange systems, ultraviolet sterilizers, and chemical feed systems.
Industrial water treatment equipment are used to remove impurities, pollutants, and other contaminants from water in order to ensure it meets the specific quality standards required for industrial use. Industrial water treatment equipment is used in a wide range of industries, including power generation, manufacturing, oil and gas, and pharmaceuticals, among others.
Burgeoning Demand for Clean Water and Environmental Regulations to Support the Expansion of Market
The market for industrial water treatment equipment is expected to experience steady growth in the coming years. One of the main drivers of this growth is the increasing demand for clean water in industrial processes, as companies are facing increasing regulations and pressure to reduce their environmental footprint. In addition, the rising population and industrialization in emerging economies are expected to drive demand for industrial water treatment equipment.
- Another trend in the industrial water treatment equipment market is the increasing use of advanced technologies such as membrane filtration, UV disinfection, and electrochemical processes. These technologies are more efficient and effective at removing contaminants than traditional treatment methods, and they are also more environmentally friendly.
- An increasing number of wastewater treatment projects due to strict environmental regulations across the Asia Pacific, primarily in China accelerate the installation of industrial water treatment equipment and systems. In addition, increasing demand for advanced water treatment due to higher water quality standards for drinking water is expected to drive the market across the world.
- Increasing consumption of water due to population growth and industrial promotion measures; switchover from thermal distillation technology to RO technology for energy efficiency, leading to an expansion in large-scale seawater desalination projects using RO membranes.
Increasing focus on sustainability across the industrial water treatment equipment market
Finally, there is a growing focus on sustainability in the industrial water treatment equipment market, with companies developing systems and solutions that reduce water consumption and waste while improving water quality. Overall, the market for industrial water treatment equipment is expected to continue growing as demand for clean water increases and new technologies and solutions are developed to meet this demand.
Market Structure and Competition Landscape
The market for industrial water treatment equipment is highly competitive, with many established players and new entrants competing for market share. However, the market is also expected to experience steady growth in the coming years.
In addition to established players, there are also many new entrants in the market, particularly in the areas of advanced water treatment technologies such as membrane filtration, UV disinfection, and electrochemical processes. These new players are often smaller and more specialized, focusing on niche markets or applications where they can differentiate themselves from larger competitors.
Some of the prominent players operating in the market are Dow Water & Process Solution, Veolia Water Technologies, SUEZ, Ecolab, General Electric Water & Process Technologies, SAMCO, Toray Industries, Xylem, Kurita Water Industries, and MAT Industrial, among others. Some of the latest developments in the industrial water treatment equipment market include:
- In January 2023, Germany-based water and wastewater plant manufacturer SKion announced the acquisition of Birmingham-based treatment plant specialist Enpure Limited.
- In January 2023, Wind Point Partners, a Chicago-based private equity firm, announced that it has partnered with Hasa, Inc., an industry-leading producer and supplier of high-quality water treatment solutions.
- In October 2022, Cadiz Inc. announced an agreement to acquire ATEC Systems, Inc., a leading provider of technologically-advanced, cost-effective groundwater filtration systems for community, municipal, agricultural, and industrial use.
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the global industrial water treatment equipment market on the basis of equipment type, technology, installation, industry, and region.
- By Equipment Type
- Filtration Components and Systems
- Membranes and others
- By Technology
- Tube Filtration
- Sand & Multimedia Filtration
- Carbon Filtration
- Ion Exchange Softening
- Reverse Osmosis / Nanofiltration
- Microfiltration / Ultrafiltration
- Electrodeionization (EDI)
- By Industry
- Power Generation
- Mining and Metals
- Food & Beverages
- Paper & Packaging
- Others (Cement, Materials, etc.)
- Commercial Spaces
- Government Institutions and Establishments
- By Installation
- New Sales
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
To customize reports as per your needs, speak to our analyst
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecasts, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for wastewater equipment companies, manufacturers, RO/UF/MBR companies, suppliers of membranes, EPC companies, government organizations, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption patterns, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.