The interactive kiosk market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.9% during 2022-2028. Interactive kiosks include self-service payment terminals, vending machines, automated check-ins, car rental kiosks, online queue systems, self-ticketing machines, photo kiosks, employment kiosks, etc. Self-service kiosks (also known as interactive kiosks), which act as silent sentinels and carry out various functions around-the-clock, are a growing component of the market. With the help of these kiosks, customers can easily pay their bills, complete job applications, scan documents, communicate with human resources departments, and much more.
The increased use of self-service kiosks is partly a result of technological developments in the fields of online payment gateways, enhanced customer experience, and security applications. The increasing number of smart city projects, improving lifestyles, growing urbanization, soaring technological advancements (with the integration of cloud computing, AI, and machine learning), and rising demand for self-services are some of the factors that are driving the growth of interactive kiosks market. However, heavy government regulations, data privacy issues and cybercrimes, and high costs related to interactive kiosks are anticipated to impede the growth of the interactive kiosk industry.
Indoor interactive kiosks are expected to drive the market growth due to maximum establishment by end use industries and self-service technology
Based on location, indoor interactive kiosks dominated the market due to growing interest in automation and self-service technology, reducing labor shortage and providing ease to both the customers and the organization. Indoor interactive kiosks are primarily used in malls, healthcare facilities, government and corporate offices, banks, airports, game parlors, etc. Outdoor kiosks are more complicated due to technological advancements as they are required to be durable and suit the environmental conditions appropriate for the area.
Fast-food restaurants are the leading end use segment followed by transportation and BFSI. QSR and casual dining venues are able to serve more customers in less time due to interactive kiosks. From order entry and table bookings to the point of sale everyone benefits from shorter wait times and enhanced convenience thus driving market growth in the food and beverage sector. Several QSRs, including McDonald’s and Taco Bell has installed interactive kiosks at their stores to streamline the ordering and billing process. In the transportation sector, self-service ticketing kiosks are often found on train platforms and in parking garages, letting travelers both purchase tickets and conveniently print them out. Airports are equipped with interactive kiosks for fast checking of bags and printing of boarding passes without any assistance from staff and advanced customer service and help desk access. In addition, the automotive industry is already being impacted positively by interactive kiosks. Self-service technology is not only changing how people buy cars, but it is also finding its way into other auto-related services like car sharing, car service, etc. The industry for electric vehicle charging kiosks has benefited from the expansion of car-sharing programs.
The Asia Pacific is witnessing rapid growth in the Interactive Kiosk market owing to advancements in NFC and RFID
The Asia Pacific kiosk market is anticipated to experience healthy growth during the forecast period as a result of advancements in Near-Field Communication (NFC) and Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) in security applications. China is the dominating country in the Asia Pacific region owing to its increasing population, increased penetration of advanced technologies, and an increasing number of kiosks shipments which in turn is decreasing the costs of installing and purchasing kiosks. Wayfinding kiosks and information kiosks establishments are increasing in India as many malls are installing these kiosks and even banks are using kiosk systems for ease and reducing long queues.
Despite the growth of new kiosk types, the food and beverage industry still holds the majority of the market in the US owing to innovations in quick service meals like fast food and the drive-through. Significant growth in the check-in and ticketing kiosks establishments across US and Canada also contributes to the growth of the North America market. In North America and Latin America, the hospitality and healthcare sector is deploying a significant number of kiosks which in turn is propelling the market growth. In Europe, many kiosk projects have been launched due to government initiatives which have facilitated the regional market growth in recent years. In Africa, water kiosks are very common while payment kiosks is paving the way for growth in the Middle East and African regions.
Market Structure and Competitive Landscape
Some of the prominent players that contribute significantly to the global Interactive Kiosk market growth are Advanced Kiosks, KIOSK Information Systems, Diebold Nixdorf Inc., RedyRef Interactive Kiosks, Source Technologies, Acrelec SAS, Frank Mayer and Associates Inc., Meridian Kiosks, Peerless-AV, Olea Kiosks Inc., Honeywell International Inc., DynaTouch Corp., Kiosk Group Inc., Lilitab LLC, Nanonation Inc., Parabit Systems Inc., Zebra Technologies Corp., TEAMSable Inc., Pyramid Computer GmbH, Self-Service Networks, and Glory Global Solutions (International) Limited among others. These players adopt various strategies to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market. Partnerships and collaborations, and product launches are some of the strategies followed by industry players. Some of the key developments in the global interactive kiosk market include,
- In May 2022, Peerless-AV® announced the EMEA launch of its new Motorised Trolley for large format displays up to 98”. It is simple to set up and use, and it comes with a special feature set in line with contemporary presenting standards, such as digital height control settings and a built-in pressure sensor for safe use in any educational or corporate environment.
- In May 2022, Diebold Nixdorf was chosen by Forex for comprehensive ATM-managed services. It is enlarging its fleet with DN SeriesTM devices and outsourcing the operation of its entire ATM channel to Diebold Nixdorf.
- In January 2022, KIOSK Information Systems announced its partnership with Doddle, a top supplier of first- and last-mile e-commerce logistics technology to launch a brand-new, completely automated in-store e-commerce returns platform.
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the global Interactive Kiosk market on the basis of type, display type, location, application, operating system, end user, and region.
- By Type
- Check-in Kiosk
- Payment Kiosk
- Information Kiosks
- Vending kiosks
- Internet Kiosks
- Others (Wayfinding Kiosks etc.)
- By Display Type
- By Location
- By Operating System
- By Application
- Others (Order Entry etc.)
- By End User
- Fast-food Restaurants
- Railway Stations
- Metro Stations
- Bus Stations
- Others (Taxi Stands etc.)
- Others (Warehouses, Gaming & Entertainment, etc.)
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecast, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid database including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for interactive kiosk manufacturers and suppliers, kiosks software providers, POS systems providers, restaurants, retail companies, BFSI entities, government organizations, educational organizations, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption pattern, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.