The global kombucha market is expected to witness a robust growth rate of more than 20% during the forecast period 2022-2028 and is expected to reach US$ 4.5 Billion by 2028.
Kombucha is a fermented, lightly effervescent, sweetened black tea drink commonly consumed for its purported health benefits. Some of the key drivers fueling the growth of the global kombucha market include increasing awareness of health benefits, rising demand for probiotic beverages, and availability of a wide range of flavors. Moreover, growing interest in organic and natural products is also expected to further drive the demand for the global kombucha market. However, some factors such as limited shelf life and regulatory challenges are anticipated to hamper the demand for kombucha across the globe.
Increasing preference for novel and creative beverages leads flavor kombucha to dominate the global market
The flavored segment is expected to dominate the global kombucha market due to an increasing preference for novel and creative beverages. The increased public knowledge of the negative significance of synthetic flavors generates a number of opportunities for producers to use natural flavoring agents and botanicals. Probiotic beverage preferences are developing, and consumers are more open to trying novel flavors. These factors will support market expansion.
Also, a number of producers are introducing fresh tastes of beverages, which is anticipated to further fuel market expansion. For instance, to fulfill the rising demand for this innovative beverage, the Australian producer Nexa introduced a line of original and flavored kombucha in the UK in the flavors of strawberry & peach, elderflower & lemon, and mixed berry in February 2020.
Developed countries enjoy the dominant share in the global market
North America is expected to dominate the global kombucha market throughout the forecast period of 2022-2028. Customers who are looking for a high-quality, healthier soft drink alternative are enjoying the beverage, which has seen a quick expansion in the local market. Demand for products has increased as a result of consumers’ desire for an ethical, environmentally friendly, and low-sugar lifestyle in the US and Canada. Moreover, in Europe, every day has created an opportunity for the consumption and demand for functional and energy drinks across the globe, given the major jolts to the healthcare industry amidst the emergence of new diseases. Kombucha is one such drink that is trending among health-conscious people.
During the projection period, Asia Pacific is anticipated to experience rapid growth on account of increased visibility and awareness in nations like China, Japan, and Australia, the product continues to be in high demand throughout the Asia-Pacific region. The demand for mindful mixers like kombucha in the area has been driven by consumers’ desire for customized beverage options that fit their lifestyles and increased emphasis on what they are eating.
Market Structure and Competitive Landscape
The global kombucha market is fragmented in nature with the presence of various players operating in the region. Some of the key players operating in the global kombucha market include GT’s Living Foods, KeVita, Health-Ade Kombucha, The Humm Kombucha, Kombucha Wonder Drink, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Buchi Kombucha, Synergy Kombucha, Humm Kombucha, Wonder Drink, Kombucha 2000, Live Soda Kombucha, Holy Kombucha, and Tonica Kombucha among others.
These players adopt various strategies to increase their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market. Mergers and acquisitions, Partnerships, and collaborations are some of the strategies followed by industry players. Some of the key developments in the Global Kombucha Market include,
- In August 2021, Kombucha brand Health-Ade announced longstanding partner First Bev has acquired a controlling stake in the company, with investment help from Manna Tree.
- In February 2022, Remedy Drinks expanded its product lineup by introducing the product in the UK with a wild berry flavor. Initial distribution of the “Remedy Kombucha Wild Berry” beverage will be restricted to Tesco stores. In an effort to boost sales of healthy products, the retail behemoth also aims to introduce “Remedy Kombucha Mango Passion” and double the distribution of its currently available flavors (raspberry lemonade and ginger lemon).
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the global kombucha market on the basis of product, type, microbial, distribution channel, and region.
- By Product
- By Type
- Others (Coconut, etc.)
- By Microbial
- Others (Yeast, etc.)
- By Distribution Channel
- Health Stores
- Others (Convenience Stores, etc.)
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecast, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs, and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid database including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, and Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for kombucha manufacturers, dealers and suppliers, government organizations, educational organizations, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption patterns, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The global kombucha market is expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 20% during the forecast period 2022-2028.
The global kombucha market is expected to reach US$ 4.5 Billion by 2028.
Increasing awareness about health benefits is one of the key drivers in the global kombucha market.
North America is the leading region in the market.
Major companies operating in the global kombucha market include GT’s Living Foods, KeVita, Health-Ade Kombucha, The Humm Kombucha, Kombucha Wonder Drink, Brew Dr. Kombucha, Buchi Kombucha, Synergy Kombucha, Humm Kombucha, Wonder Drink etc.