The market for global mass notification software is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR of 17.3% during the forecast period 2022-2028. The increasing adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and cloud-based components for notification systems are anticipated to increase the demand for software that ensures the compatibility of devices and operating systems across a variety of applications.
The software utilized in mass notification systems necessitates an efficient communication infrastructure and the necessary bandwidth to simultaneously transmit multiple notifications. The public safety division collaborates with bureaus, first responders, crime labs, and commercial carriers in order to ensure the safety of the population, as a result of the government’s heightened awareness of the need to do so.
Factors propelling the growth of the market include the increasing implementation of Internet Protocol (IP)-based notification devices and the high adoption of mass notification solutions across hospitals and medical facilities. Moreover, the soaring adoption of advanced technologies such as IoT, cloud computing, and data analytics across various industry verticals is accelerating the demand for mass notification software.
These innovative technologies offer numerous options and capabilities beyond conventional applications by enabling user interaction and strengthening safety measures. Additionally, emergency notification software allows government agencies, city administrations, and enterprises to send one-way messages to people and alert them in case of any emergency, upcoming event, or natural calamities.
However, growing digitalization, security system decentralization, and interconnected devices have given hackers new entry points for stealing real-time information. To combat the increasing number of cyber-attacks, the use of mass notification channels such as mail is expected to remain a challenge in the near future. Moreover, the recent COVID-19 outbreak has offered significant opportunities to the mass notification solution providers to grow. For instance, amid the COVID-19 outbreak in 2020, Regroup Mass Notification partnered with CivicPlus to offer several cities and states across the nation risk-free access to its platform.
The scalability of cloud-based mass notification is gaining traction
Easy deployment and minimal capital requirements facilitate cloud-based deployment. The growing demand for scalable, easy-to-use, and cost-effective mass notification systems is expected to fuel the cloud segment’s growth. Cloud-based mass notification solutions also help businesses save money and increase employee productivity. In the coming years, cloud-based deployment will gain popularity across large enterprises and small and medium enterprises. Large companies need complex, scalable security systems, and services.
These organizations have multiple locations in various geographies and thus require a solution that can seamlessly integrate security operations on a large scale. Moreover, demand for mass notification solutions in SMEs is expected to grow faster due to increased demand for automated voice, text, and email communications to help authorities communicate with people in an emergency. Government & Defense is expected to dominate the market due to the adoption of mass notification system technology for public safety and population protection.
The Asia Pacific is witnessing soaring demand for mass notification solutions
The Asia Pacific region is expected to observe an increase in the demand for mass notification software as a result of massive government investments in the development of public safety and security solutions. Moreover, a large number of enterprises are based in major economies of the region such as China, India, Japan, South Korea, and Australia which are further augmenting the regional demand for mass notification solutions.
In Europe, it is anticipated that the mass notification market will hold a considerable position on account of the growing interest in the provision of mobile-based mass notification applications to offer individuals effective safety and security. Furthermore, the North America market is being driven by an increase in the demand for notifications and alerts to be delivered more quickly and the prioritization of alert messages in an emergency situation. Adequate availability of Wi-Fi, IP Ethernet, radiofrequency, GPS, and mobile phones are driving the market growth in North America.
Market Structure and Competition Landscape
The global mass notification software market is fragmented in nature with a variety of players operating in the marketplace. Market players invest in R&D to boost growth and internal operations. Companies use mergers & acquisitions and partnerships to upgrade their products and gain a market advantage. They are effectively working on new product development and product enhancement to gain new customers and market share.
Some of the prominent players operating in the market include Everbridge Inc., Alert Media Inc., OnSolve LLC, BlackBerry Ltd., xMatters Inc., Alertus Technologies LLC, Omnilert LLC, Rave Mobile Safety, DialMyCalls.com, Singlewire Software LLC, Netpresenter B.V., Pocketstop LLC, Honeywell International Inc., Blackboard Inc., Motorola Solutions Inc., Omnigo.com, and Transputec Ltd., among others.
- In April 2020, Regroup Mass Notification announced a partnership with CivicPlus, a web development company, to help cities and countries coordinate emergency response plans, mitigation, and virus containment.
- In 2020, the U.S. invested US$ 732 Billion in defense emergency communication initiatives.
- In July 2019, Johnson Controls signed a collaboration with Punch Technologies Inc. for offering a safety communications platform in the market. It can be integrated into existing systems hence providing the employees to communicate, emergency responders, and others.
- In August 2019, Everbridge Inc., a provider of critical event management and enterprise software applications, acquired NC4, a threat intelligence provider.
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the global mass notification software market on the basis of deployment mode, type, application, organization size, end user, and region.
- By Deployment Mode
- By Type
- Wide Area
- Distributed Recipient
- By Application
- Emergency Response Management
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Public Alert and Warning
- Reporting and Analytics
- Others (Geofencing, Workflow Management, and Critical Event Management)
- By Organization Size
- Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
- Large Enterprises
- By End User
- Education Facilities
- Healthcare Facilities
- Nursing Homes
- Others (Ambulatory Surgical Centers etc.)
- Corporate Buildings
- Aerospace and Defense
- Energy & Utilities
- Others (Transportation and Logistics, IT and Telecom, etc.)
- Education Facilities
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecast, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, industry associations, product catalogues, and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid database including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, and Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for mass notification solution providers, mass notification software providers, mass notification hardware providers, healthcare facilities, government organizations, educational organizations, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption pattern, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The global mass notification software market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 17.3% during the forecast period 2022-2028.
The global mass notification software was valued at nearly US$ 3.5 – 4.5 billion in 2021.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) trend is facilitating market growth.
North America is dominating the market in 2021.
Major companies operating in the global mass notification software market are Everbridge Inc., Alert Media Inc., OnSolve LLC, BlackBerry Ltd., xMatters Inc., etc.