The global market for UVC disinfection robot is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 30% during the forecast period 2019-2028. The growth of the UVC Disinfection Robot market is attributable to the increased awareness of the harmful effects of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs), the emphasis on terminal cleaning in hospitals, and the improvement of patient care.
Moreover, due to the rapid spread of the COVID-19 outbreak and the benefits offered by UVC disinfection robot, such as quick and effective disinfection without the need for manual intervention, hospitals have a growing demand for disinfection robots. However, the inability of disinfection robots to disinfect bacterial and viral pathogens trapped in dirt and organic soiling may limit the market growth. Additionally, high initial costs plus additional repair and maintenance costs pose a major challenge to market players.
Healthcare facilities to remain major adopters of UVC disinfectant robots
The role of healthcare workers (HCWs) in the transmission of pathogens from patient to patient is well documented. Moreover, increasing evidence reports the contaminated environment as highly significant in pathogen transmission; in particular, high-touch surfaces are recognized as a possible reservoir of infectious agents and their contamination can pose a risk also for the spread of multi-resistant organisms.
A survey conducted by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) revealed that 1 in 25 patients has at least 1 HAI and that 75,000 mortalities per year are caused by HAIs. By eliminating airborne virus droplets with a precise dose of UVC energy, the robot disinfectants are gaining momentum. Specifically, the technology enables hospitals to protect patients, medical personnel, and frontline cleaning staff from infection while simultaneously enhancing operational efficiency.
They can navigate elevators, narrow corridors, and automatic doors with ease, ensuring human safety, and can shut down upon detecting a person. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, most hospitals around the globe began investing in robotic technologies to prevent these infections, attributing to the rising demand for UVC disinfectant robots.
North America to continue dominating the market space
The US has one of the prominent healthcare infrastructures globally. The US healthcare industry is always at the forefront of adopting any innovative technology that could enhance the efficacy of the system. The technological advancements in North America as well as the rising demand for automated devices in healthcare and industrial facilities are increasing.
The government’s stringent hygiene regulations across the economies of the region and the presence of key UVC disinfectant robots manufacturers and suppliers are pivotal factors which are driving the demand for UVC disinfectant robot. In addition, these robots help reduce labor costs, increase cleaning efficiency, and reduce the likelihood of contagious germs, which has led to their increased adoption in various verticals including HoReCa, food industries, transportation facilities etc.
The Asia Pacific region is also gaining traction on account of improving healthcare infrastructure, growing demand for healthcare services coupled with the soaring population, and a growing emphasis on controlling healthcare-associated infections. The market for disinfection robots in Europe will expand as a result of the prevalence of hospital-acquired infections coupled with the rising need to curb these infections, rising investments in healthcare infrastructure, and rising adoption of advanced medical robots across a variety of verticals. Increased adoption of advanced systems in healthcare facilities, ongoing research and development efforts, the rising number of manufacturers of disinfection robots, and the government initiatives in the healthcare sector in Europe are key driving factors for the growth of the UVC disinfectant robot market.
Market Structure and Competition Landscape
The global UVC disinfectant robot market is characterized by the presence of significant number of players. Some of the prominent players operating in the market include Xenex Disinfection Services Inc., BlueBotics SA, Tru-D SmartUV LLC, UVD Robots ApS (Blue Ocean Robotics), Hipac Healthcare Pty Ltd., SESTO Robotics Pte. Ltd., Finsen Technologies Ltd., Skytron LLC, Akara Robotics Ltd., and Fetch Robotics, Inc. among others. The industry’s ecosystem has seen major changes on account of COVID-19 outbreak. Some of the major developments in the market include:
- In August 2020, Terumo, a global supplier, merged with Xenest to install Lightstrike robots to disinfect rooms in one of Singapore’s general hospitals.
- In 2020, India-based startup Vanora Robots Pvt Ltd. has developed an unmanned robotic platform to disinfect rooms in hospitals, schools, etc. The company has already installed robotic platforms in Mangalore and Kerala hospitals.
- In March 2020, to prepare for the post-COVID era, Doha’s Hamad International Airport (HIA) invested in disinfectant robots and special helmets. They used a mobile robot to clean high-traffic areas with concentrated UVC light. Hong Kong and Seattle’s Paine Field are also using the same technologies.
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the global UVC disinfectant robot market on the basis of technology, end user, and region.
- By Technology
- Fully Autonomous
- By End User
- Healthcare Facilities
- Others (Nursing Homes)
- Transportation Facilities
- Railway Stations
- Bus Stations
- Commercial Facilities
- Government Buildings
- Educational Buildings
- Retail Stores
- Specialty Stores and Discount Stores
- Others (Gyms)
- Healthcare Facilities
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecast, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, industry associations, product catalogs and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid database including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for UVC disinfectant robot manufacturers, healthcare facilities, food manufacturing and processing companies, HoReCa players, government organizations, educational organizations, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption pattern, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Global UVC Disinfectants Robots market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 30% during the forecast period 2022-2028.
North America is dominating the Global UVC Disinfectants Robots market in 2021.
The Global UVC Disinfectants Robots market is estimated at around US$ 585 million in 2021.
Quick and effective disinfection without the need for manual intervention, is the key driver in the Global UVC Disinfectants Robots market.
Major companies operating in the Global UVC Disinfectants Robots market include Xenex Disinfection Services Inc., BlueBotics SA, Tru-D SmartUV LLC, UVD Robots ApS (Blue Ocean Robotics), Hipac Healthcare Pty Ltd, etc.