The India fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market is expected to reach at a whopping US$ 2 billion by 2028 and is expected to witness a robust growth rate of 10.8% during the forecast period of 2022-2028. India is considered a developing country and industrialization is at a high pace in the country, making it prone to rapid industrialization and urbanization. Such factors, in turn, are expected to fuel the growth of the India fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market.
Moreover, the Indian government’s policies and initiatives to promote the adoption of digital technologies and improve internet connectivity can have a significant impact on the fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market.
- For example, the government’s BharatNet project aims to provide high-speed broadband connectivity to rural areas, which can drive the demand for fiber optic communication equipment and cabling.
In addition, the growing rate of urbanization in India is anticipated to drive the demand for fiber optic communication equipment and cabling. With the development of smart cities and the increasing demand for high-speed internet connectivity in urban areas, the demand for fiber optic technology is expected to increase.
Furthermore, the development of infrastructure such as highways, railways, and airports can also impact the fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market. The installation of fiber optic cables along these infrastructure projects can provide high-speed internet connectivity in remote areas, driving the demand for fiber optic technology.
Rise of cloud computing and penetration of 5G technologies are expected to propel the demand for fiber optic cables in India
Cloud computing has become an essential part of businesses, and the adoption of cloud-based services in India has increased significantly in recent years. Fiber optic technology provides the high-speed and low-latency connectivity required for cloud computing, making it a preferred choice for businesses. Hence, the growth of cloud computing is expected to influence the growth of the market.
In addition, with the growing number of internet users and increasing demand for high-speed internet connectivity, the fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market is expected to grow significantly in India. Fiber optic technology offers faster data transmission rates than traditional copper cables, making it ideal for high-speed internet connectivity.
- Penetration of 5G technology coupled with its rapid adoption is expected to drive the growth of the fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market in India. 5G technology requires high-speed and reliable connectivity, which can be provided by fiber optic technology.
- Even the Indian government has launched several initiatives to promote the adoption of digital technologies and the development of smart cities to create significant opportunities for the fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market in India.
- Moreover, developments in communication infrastructure play a major in providing stable and top-notch communication services to foreign entities
- However, the Indian telecommunications industry is the largest consumer of fiber optic communication equipment and cabling in India. With the growing demand for mobile and internet services, the demand for fiber optic communication equipment and cabling is also increasing.
- Other industries such as IT, manufacturing, and healthcare, also contributes toward the demand for high-speed and reliable internet connectivity further driving the demand for fiber optic technology.
North India and West & Central India dominate the India fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market
North India and West and Central India are expected to dominate the India fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market in the upcoming years. Regions with better infrastructure and internet connectivity may have a higher demand for fiber optic technology than those with poor infrastructure and connectivity.
Market Structure and Competitive Landscape
The India fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market is fragmented in nature and observes intense competition in the fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market.
Some of the prominent players that contribute significantly to the India fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market include Transguard Group, Commscope, Tejas Networks, KOC Communication Co., Ltd, PPC (a Belden Company – incl. Opterna), Sterlite Technologies, Star Group, Huawei Technologies, GX Group D-link, Santron Electronics, FS.COM Limited, CBO GmbH, and Thor Labs among others.
Product launches, mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, partnerships and collaborations, and geographical expansion are key strategies adopted by the players in the India food market. These companies adopt numerous approaches to strengthen their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market. Some of the key developments in the India Fiber Optic Communication Equipment and Cabling market include,
- In September 2022, Sterlite Technologies Limited planned to spend about INR 800 crore over FY23-24 on capex as it expands its fiber and optic cable manufacturing capacities amid heavy infrastructure spending by telcos in 5G market.
- On September 2022, Telcos announced that they will be spending anything between US$ 1.5- 2.5 billion in India on optical fiber cable (OFC) in the next three to four years. Global demand, due to 5Gand FTTH rollout, will go up to over US$12 billion (610 million fiber kilometers) by 2024 at a CAGR of 10%.
- On August 2022, India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated INR 1,224-crore optic fiber-based telecom connectivity initiative between Chennai and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, to facilitate ease of living for locals and boost tourism.
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the India Fiber Optic Communication Equipment and Cabling market on the basis of product type, organization type, technology, end user, and region.
- By Product Type
- Fiber Optic Patch Cord (incl. MPO, MTP, LC, SC, etc.)
- Fiber Optic Adapter
- Fiber Optic Attenuator, MPO Attenuator
- Indoor/Outdoor Fiber Terminal Box
- Fiber Optic PLC Splitter
- Fiber Distribution Frame
- Fiber Optical Cassette
- Cable Management Accessories
- Optical Network Terminal (ONT)
- Optical Line Terminal (OLT)
- By Organization Type
- SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises)
- Large Enterprises
- By Technology
- Integrated Access
- By End User
- Telecom Companies
- Internet Service Providers
- Data Centers
- Universities and Research Institutions
- Other Industries (Airports, Defense, etc.)
- By Region
- North India
- West & Central India
- South India
- East India
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecasts, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs, and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid databases including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, and Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for cable manufacturers, fiber optic companies, telecom communication equipment manufacturers, telcos, mobile communication companies, fiber cables suppliers, network and telecom companies, government organizations, educational organizations, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption patterns, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The India fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.8% during the forecast period 2022-2028.
North India and West & Central India holds a prominent share in the India fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market.
The market value for the India fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market is estimated at around US$ 2 Billion by 2026.
The India fiber optic communication equipment and cabling market is primarily driven by the growing need for 5G technology and supportive government initiatives.
Major companies operating in the India Fiber Optic Communication Equipment and Cabling market include, Transguard Group, Commscope, Tejas Networks, KOC Communication Co.,Ltd, PPC (a Belden Company – incl. Opterna), Huawei Technologies, GX Group D-link, Santron Electronics, FS.COM Limited, CBO GmbH, and Thor Labs among others.