The Middle East and Africa (MEA) construction chemicals market is estimated to witness a growth rate of around 6% during the forecast period of 2022-2028. Construction chemicals have been playing important role in all types of construction projects like industrial, residential, and commercial building projects. These chemicals are usually used in various elements of projects in order to achieve various important qualities such as workability and durability. Government initiatives such as National Transformation Program (NTP) and Saudi Arabia Vision 2030, coupled with the increasing disposable income created a demand for better quality infrastructure in the region acting as a growth driver for the MEA construction chemicals market.
However, the hazardous properties of these construction chemicals resulted in a major barrier in the regional market and are expected to hamper the growth during the projected period. Moreover, delayed projects due to high initial investment costs, long contract awarding and execution processes, depreciating foreign currency as a result of economic recession, and diminishing FDI inflows are some of the challenges anticipated to be faced by the regional market during the forecast period.
Increasing demand for commercial buildings leads the non-residential segment to grow at a pace
The non-residential segment dominated the end user segment owing to the growing infrastructure development. Demand for commercial buildings, bridges, roads, dams, and tunnels is rapidly increasing across the region which drives the demand for construction chemicals. Moreover, the growing disposable income and high demand for high-end better-quality infrastructure for public use are also fueling the market growth. Further, the market of the residential segment is estimated to grow at a considerable rate as the growing urbanization has caused a high number of consumers to migrate to urban areas. Rapid urbanization resulted in improving living standards and increasing demand for aesthetically designed residential buildings which further propel the demand for the MEA construction chemicals market.
Explore more about this report – Request for Sample and Scope of the Study
UAE and Saudi Arabia hold the majority of share of the construction chemicals market
UAE accounts for a prominent share of the MEA construction chemicals market on account of the high economic rate and spending power of the people and government in the residential and commercial areas. Moreover, increased construction spending and construction projects in the country are further leading to the market growth of chemical construction in the region. In Saudi Arabia, the government is keen on developing transport infrastructure, energy, and utility facilities, and launching affordable housing programs across the country, which are going to probe the demand for construction chemicals in the country during the forecast period.
In Egypt and Algeria, together with a developing industrial understanding of the quality of concrete, cement, asphalt, and other building materials, these compounds are increasingly being employed to improve concrete performance. The industry has also been fueled by new technological advancements as they enhance building resilience and provide additional protection from environmental risks. In addition, governments in emerging nations are making significant investments in infrastructure development to support economic growth.
Market Structure and Competitive Landscape
The MEA construction chemicals market is fragmented in nature with the presence of many players operating in the MEA market. Some of the prominent players operating in the MEA construction chemicals market include Chryso Gulf, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, Jaotun Saudi Co. Ltd., SIKA GCC, BASF, Soudal Group, and others. Some of the strategies adopted by these players in order to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge include mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations. Some of the key developments in the MEA construction chemicals market include,
- In April 2021, SIKA expanded its production capacity for concrete admixtures and started manufacturing epoxy resins in Qatar. With its enlarged portfolio and its local production capacity, Sika wanted to exploit the market potential and drive forward the focused expansion of its business in the region.
- In November 2020, Soudal acquired AMI for $58 million to set up technologically advanced construction chemicals factories in the UAE in the next three years. The new production facility, featuring state-of-the-art automation, will occupy an area of 50,000-100,000 sqm as a yet undetermined emirate in the UAE.
Explore Related report on Global Construction Chemical Market
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the MEA construction chemicals market on the basis of types, end user, and region.
- By Type
- Concrete Admixtures
- Mineral Admixtures
- Fly ash
- Silica Fume
- Others (GGBFS)
- Chemical Admixtures
- Air Entrainers
- Others (Pumping Aids, etc.)
- Waterproofing Materials
- Adhesives & Sealants
- Bonding Agent
- Anchoring Material
- Others (Surface Retarders, Mold release, etc.)
- Mineral Admixtures
- Concrete Admixtures
- By End Use
- By Region
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To customize reports as per your needs, speak to our analyst
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecast, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs, and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid database including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for construction chemicals manufacturers and suppliers, raw material suppliers, third-party distributors, government organizations, educational organizations, regulatory agencies, and market research firms, among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption patterns, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The MEA construction chemicals market is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 6%during the forecast period 2022-2028.
UAE and Saudi Arabia are leading the MEA construction chemicals market in 2021.
The MEA construction chemicals market is estimated at around US$ 5 billion in 2020.
Government Initiative such as National Transformation Programme (NTP) is the key driver of the MEA construction chemicals market.
Major companies operating in the MEA construction chemicals market include Chryso Gulf, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, Jaotun Saudi Co. Ltd., SIKA GCC, BASF, Soudal Group, and others.