The Middle East and Africa utilities market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.2% during the forecast period of 2022-2028. The utility market in the Middle East and Africa region includes power, water, and waste management services. The growth of the Middle East and Africa utility market is driven by several factors, including the increasing demand for electricity and water due to population growth and urbanization, as well as government initiatives to expand and modernize utility infrastructure. In addition, the adoption of renewable energy sources and smart grid technologies is also contributing to the growth of the market.
The report highlights some challenges facing the Middle East and Africa utilities market, including the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on government budgets and investment in utility infrastructure, as well as the need for investment in aging utility infrastructure. In addition, the availability and pricing of natural resources, such as oil and gas, may impact the adoption of renewable energy sources.
Key Segmental and Regional Analysis
Based on type, the RationalStat report identifies electric power generation as the largest segment of the Middle East and Africa utility market, accounting for the majority of the market share. This is due to the high demand for electricity in the region, driven by population growth and expanding industrial and commercial sectors. Regionally, the report identifies Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) as the largest markets for utility services in the Middle East and Africa, driven by government initiatives to modernize utility infrastructure and expand renewable energy sources. Other countries, such as Egypt and South Africa, are also expected to contribute significantly to the growth of the market.
Market Structure and Competitive Landscape
Some of the prominent players that contribute significantly to the Middle East and Africa utilities market growth include, Saudi Electric Company, Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority, National Water Company, EDF Energies Nouvelles, Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation, Acwa Power, Dubai Electricity and Water Authority, Sonelgaz, Marafiq, Kenya Electricity Generating Company Limited (KenGen), Eskom, Eni, National Grid Saudi Arabia, National Electric Power Company, Suez SA among others. These players adopt various strategies in order to reinforce their market share and gain a competitive edge over other competitors in the market. Partnerships and collaborations, and product launches are some of the strategies followed by industry players.
Key Market Segmentation
RationalStat has segmented the Middle East and Africa utility market on the basis of type, operator type, pricing, and region.
- By Type
- Water And Sewage
- Natural Gas Distribution
- Electric Power Generation
- By Operator Type
- By Pricing
- Fixed Billing
- Variable Billing
- By Region
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
To customize reports as per your needs, speak to our analyst
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecast, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid database including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.
Why Buy this Report?
The report is intended for Energy Companies, Government Agencies, Investors, Academics and Researchers, regulatory agencies, and market research firms among others. The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, consumption pattern, ongoing market trends and challenges, and future market opportunities. The report will serve as a source for a 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly delivering insights to clients to find the right answers to their business questions.