The baby food market in Vietnam is growing rapidly, driven by increasing urbanization, rising disposable incomes, and a growing population of young families. In addition, a growing awareness of the importance of proper nutrition for infants and young children is also driving the growth of the market.
The baby food market in Vietnam is expected to experience significant growth in the coming years, driven by the growing demand for high-quality, nutritious, and convenient baby food products. Market players can take advantage of this growth opportunity by expanding their product offerings, enhancing their brand image, and improving their distribution networks.
The baby food market in Vietnam was valued at US$ 780 million in 2022, growing at a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period (2023-2028). The increasing demand for high-quality, nutritious, and convenient baby food products is driving the growth of the market.
Vietnam Market: Regional Analysis
The market is segmented into North, Central, and South regions. The North region is expected to hold the largest share of the market, due to the high concentration of population and businesses in cities such as Hanoi and Hai Phong. However, the South region is expected to grow at the fastest rate, due to the increasing demand for baby food products in cities such as Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Duong.
The market is segmented into dry and liquid baby food. The dry baby food segment is expected to hold the largest share of the market, due to its long shelf life, convenience, and versatility. However, the liquid baby food segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate, due to the increasing demand for ready-to-eat and easy-to-prepare baby food products.
The baby food market in Vietnam is highly competitive, with a large number of players. Some of the key players in the market include Nestle, Abbott, Danone, and Mead Johnson. These players are focusing on expanding their product offerings, enhancing their brand image, and improving their distribution networks to stay ahead of the competition.
RationalStat has developed a state-of-the-art research methodology to crunch numbers and provide the best possible real-time insights to clients. We combine a varied range of industry experience, data analytics, and experts’ viewpoint to create a research methodology for market sizing and forecasting.
RationalStat combines a mix of secondary sources as well as primary research to assess the market size and develop a forecast. Key steps involved in accurately deriving the market numbers are:
- Defining the problem by understanding the type of market and data required by the client.
- Data gathering and collection through relevant paid databases, publicly available sources, company reports, annual reports, surveys, and interviews.
- Formulating a hypothesis to create market numbers, forecasts, influencing factors, and their relevance.
- Evaluating and analyzing the data by referring to data sources utilized and leveraged.
- Validating, interpreting, and finalizing the data by combining the details gathered from primary and secondary sources with the help of experienced analysts.
- RationalStat utilizes surveys, questionnaires, focus groups, and one-to-one interviews with CXOs, industry partners, trade bodies, association members, ex-employees, and industry professionals to collect insights and quantitative/qualitative data specific to client needs. RationalStat quickly gets to the ‘why’ behind the ‘what’ demonstrated by secondary data.
- RationalStat takes a unique approach to arrive at market conclusions and actionable insights for clients.
- We have the technology and strong in-house resource pool with extensive experience in the global and regional markets, across a wide variety of categories and stakeholders.
- Strong language proficiency and capability with coverage across more than 70 language areas.
- Annual reports, company filings, investor presentations, product catalogs, and company documents
- Industry and market-related documents available in the public domain
- Paid databases including Bloomberg, Factiva, S&P Capital IQ, FactSet, Refinitiv Eikon, ICIS, EUWID, and Thomson Reuters, among others
- Whitepapers, research papers, and industry blogs.